Friday, January 27, 2012

What's Next?

       So, while the novel's off with my mentor getting torn to shreds, I've decided to start something new. Though I've got a couple of short stories in the pipe, I don't think they're quite ready to be sent anywhere just yet, so I'm going to let them mellow for a bit, then come back to them for one last thorough revision before I start shopping them around. In the meantime, I'm well on my way into a new novella, which I hope to have completed in first draft form in about a month or so. Still trying to keep my momentum from this past residency going, and so far so good. Ask me in a week and I may be singing a different tune. Once the novella's completed, revised, and edited I'll probably stick it up on Kindle. I would consider shopping it around, but I'm afraid there just aren't many mags interested in 25,000+ word stories. Maybe I'm wrong. It has been awhile since I did my market research. Anyway, lots of deadlines sneaking up. Just got to muscle through it. That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment